Error Code 0x800f0908 encounters by many users while installing the Speech Recognition or Language Packs in Windows 10 computer systems. However, language packs usually play a vital role for those who are not flowing English speakers as they are letting to run Windows in the resident or local language. Thus, to check all dialogue boxes, menus and any other interface of the language pack items in Spanish, Russian, or French language then user have to set up or install by using the Windows Update feature.
Sometimes, while installing the language pack, it throws an error message in the screen which says; installation failed with the error code 0x800F0908. Probably, this error message is for a limited period or temporary; therefore, if you install the language pack afterwards, it might not appear. Mostly, this error is triggered due to the problem in the Internet connection. By changing the settings of your internet connection might help you in fixing the problem. Due to the Metered connection, this error might appears on the screen. However, the metered connection indicates that the users frequently have limited plans.
Let’s start discussing about how to fix the error code 0x800f0908 while installing the language pack on Windows 10. In this guide, we will troubleshoot the error by providing a stepwise guide.
Steps to Fix Error Code 0x800f0908 on Windows 10
To prevent trouble and unwanted errors, we suggest you follow the steps in the ascending order. The steps are discussed below:
Solution-1: Disable Metered Connection
As we already discussed that if there is any problem in the internet connection prevents you from installing or setting up any language pack on Windows 10 computer system. Apply the below-given steps to disable the Metered Connection. Here how to do it:
- By pressing Windows + I keys all together open a ‘Settings’ window.
- In the ‘Settings’ window select the ‘Network’ option.
- Choose ‘Wi-Fi’ and click on the ‘Advanced Options’ located at the drop-down menu of Wi-Fi settings.
- Inside the ‘Advanced Options’ section search for the Metered Connection.
- After that, click on the ‘Disabled’ option to disable the Metered Connection.
- Lastly, restart the computer system to apply all the changes.
Solution-2: Run Command Prompt
- Launch ‘Run’ search box.
- Type in ‘cmd’ in the search box located in the footer left of the screen.
- Press the ‘Run CMD as Administrator’ option.
- Then, copy and paste the following command:
- “Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth, Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth, Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth;”
- Additionally, enter ‘sfc/scannow’ in the box.
- Restart your computer system.