You may have noticed that a new version of Windows always comes with some changes in the ways of carrying out some steps on your device. The same is with Windows 10 and expect more changes in the upcoming time.
Windows 10 has modified the way user accounts work. I am pretty sure many people have observed that Windows 10 the changes in the OS. Well, if you want to create a user account, then read on.
Here are the ways of setting up user accounts in Windows 10
Setting a basic account
So let us begin with the basics. Here, we are assuming that you have a minimum one account after all without having it users will not be able to finish the Windows 10 installation.
- Firstly, press on Start.
- Then, click on Settings.
- After that, Click on Accounts.ghj
- Lastly, press on Family and other people.
- Note that after doing the above steps, the display will get before you the option of adding on new users.
- In simple words, the new user shall become a member of your family.
- Then, to add on the family member, you need to click below the sub-section having a title ‘Your family’ press on Add a family member.
User-specific (adult or child)
A popup window will get displayed enquiring whether you want to add a child or an adult user. The account of a kid shall have special features added to it. Adults controlling a child’s account shall be able to check every activity of their child on Windows itself by logging in to MS accounts website. If it seems a bit much then, rather than this prefer using a local account.
The adult accounts are normal. It is a private user account. They are connected to the MS account. Fortunately, they can even control the child account.
Picking the Account
- After you have decided to go for the child or an adult account, insert the Hotmail or Outlook.com account ID that you use. If you don’t have any mail, then do not fret. The users shall get to make one inside Windows by pressing the link stating ‘The Person I want to add doesn’t have an email address.’
- Next, after putting the mail address, press on Next option.
Note: that you have put the correct mail address.
- Lastly, click on Confirm.
Scarelett Thomas, writer of this blog loves to write and create awareness related to day-to-day internet threats. Major topics of her interest are email support like Verizon, Roadrunner, Sbcglobal and Comcast email support etc.